BOOKS: Advanced UNIX(TM) Programming

John Gilmore gnu at l5.uucp
Thu Nov 28 19:42:17 AEST 1985

In article <672 at hou2a.UUCP>, ijk at hou2a.UUCP (I.KINAL) writes:
> Advanced UNIX (TM) Programming by Marc J. Rochkind.  Here's comprehensive,
> practical advice on how and when to use - and not use system calls.
> 265 pp. $32.95.

Laura and I looked at this book at a friend's house and our opinion
was that if you only want to write for System V, it might be OK.
If you care about the larger Unix world, pass it up.  He seemed to
have kind of the right attitude, but all the little details are
wrong, and he totally ignores the non-att world.