The lack of decent C compilers for VM

Kim DeVaughn kim at mips.UUCP
Thu Nov 7 18:00:50 AEST 1985

[ ... go ahead, eat my bits ... ]

> Does anyone know of a C compiler for VM/SP3 that generates a module of
> under 60K in length?  For that matter, does anyone know of ANY compiler
> for VM that generates a reasonably sized module?

Mark, my mail to you got bounced, so I'm posting this to the net ...

I don't know about module size, but SAS Institute Inc. has been advertising
C compilers for both VM and (should you be so unfortunate) MVS lately.
They don't specifically mention SP3 in the ads, but they do say they run
on MVS/XA, so I'd guess they support both SP2/HPO3 and SP3 on the VM side
of things.  They say their C compilers implementations of Lattice C (by
agreement with Lattice, Inc.)

Their address is:  SAS Institute, Inc.
                   SAS Circle, Box 8000
		   Cary, NC       27511

		   ph: 919-467-8000 x7000

I have no connection with SAS or Lattice in any way, shape, or form.

/kim
--

UUCP:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!kim
DDD:   415-960-1200