BOOKS: Advanced UNIX(TM) Programming; Systems Software Tools

I.KINAL ijk at hou2a.UUCP
Tue Nov 19 01:30:35 AEST 1985

Has anyone any recommendations on either book (both published by Prentice
Hall; I haven't seen them yet in my local bookstore; they both look
interesting, but I've seen some pretty poor books hyped even better ).
Here's the promos on both:
Advanced UNIX (TM) Programming by Marc J. Rochkind.  Here's comprehensive,
practical advice on how and when to use - and not use system calls.
265 pp. $32.95.

Systems Software Tools by Ted J. Biggerstaff.  This easy-to-follow, new
guide gives you the latest details on the C language and compiler,
interrupt and communications hardware, terminal emulators, window
interfaces, multitasking window systems, and concurrency structures.
250 pp. $28.95.