Converting structs of binary data among machine types

Robert Stroud robert at cheviot.uucp
Fri Oct 4 20:20:25 AEST 1985

In article <706 at inset.UUCP> mikeb at inset.UUCP (Mike Banahan) writes:
>As well as the Sun Xternal Data Representation (XDR), there is
>an ISO X.something proposal for the same thing. Anyone remember the number?
>--
>Mike Banahan, Technical Director, The Instruction Set Ltd.
>mcvax!ukc!inset!mikeb

This is part of the CCITT X.400 series. I think the data encoding standard
is X.409. The Sun standard is at least in part a programming interface to
such a protocol - I doubt the X.400 stuff gets that specific.

Robert Stroud,
Computing Laboratory,
University of Newcastle upon Tyne.

ARPA robert%cheviot.newcastle at ucl-cs.ARPA
UUCP ...!ukc!cheviot!robert
JANET robert at newcastle.cheviot