Recoding Lisp programs in C

tp at ndm20 tp at ndm20
Tue Oct 29 22:47:00 AEST 1985

On the subject, could anyone give me literature references for a good
on-the-fly  garbage collector?   Something  in C  would be especially
useful.  What I'm looking at doing is the following:  I would like an
allocator that managed disk and memory, so I could allocate more than
I had room for (for machines with limited address space) and have the
allocator and associated routines move things off to disk if I am not
using them, garbage collect some space, and bring in the  item I want
from disk.  Basically software VM.  References to such  a beast would
be GREATLY appreciated, but I'll be happy with just  stuff on garbage
collection.

Thanks,
Terry Poot
Nathan D. Maier Consulting Engineers
(214)739-4741
Usenet: ...!{allegra|ihnp4}!convex!smu!ndm20!tp
CSNET:  ndm20!tp at smu
ARPA:   ndm20!tp%smu at csnet-relay.ARPA