Consistency

COTTRELL, JAMES cottrell at NBS-VMS.ARPA
Thu Oct 17 04:28:59 AEST 1985

/*
> > Thou shalt not carp at a Usenet author's usage.

Well, ARPAnet anyway.

> > In this particular
> > instance it would be socially acceptable to point out INCONSISTENCIES
> > (use of 'cks' instead of 'x' somewhere),

I still have to spell `sects' correctly to avoid ambiguity!

> > but NOT to complain about
> > the author's personal style.

Not to be torturing me!

> > No style wars in technical newsgroups!

I guess I'll have to give up flaming at where to put the braces.
Sincerely, thanx for setting those creeps strait [sic].

> O                  e         l         t         s         !
>  h      I q       r e       g a       e         r o       t
>   ,        u     g   !         d     s   t     e   n     i
>       ,     i   a         m               h   p         a
>    y s       t           '       y u       i         s r
>     e         e         I         o         s         t

Hey, don't laugh! Ever see an Intecolor (ISC) 8001? It's got a mode
that writes at 45 degrees up or down (NE or SE)! Weird! Also write
vertical (for {Chi,Japa}nese) & backwards (for Farsi) too!

I guess I should say something about the C language in this article.
	Q: What's George Orwell's favorite C statement?
	A: ++good.

	jim		cottrell at nbs
*/
------