C Bites (really, how to spell \"function\")

Ron Natalie <ron> ron at brl-sem.ARPA
Wed Oct 16 05:45:38 AEST 1985

> Maybe this will help (but don't hold your breath):
>
> spelled x => ks sound as in "example" => ek sample
> spelled ct => kt sound as in "enacted" => enak ted
>
> spelled function => sounds like funk tion
> NOT funk sion therefore NOT spelled funxion
> (unfortunately for this example, tion => sounds like tchun
> which is very close to sounding like shun)
>
> Enunciate more precisely, please.
Sorry to burst your bubble Doug, but FUNCTION is pronounced
fungk'shen according to my dictionaries (the e is really a schwa).
The -tion and -sion suffixes in English are pronounced the same way.

Although, the cute spellings always get on my nerves.

-Ron