bit-field pointers / arrays

KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu KJBSF%SLACVM.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 13 12:23:43 AEST 1986

Date: 12 December 1986, 13:16:05 PST
From: Kevin J. Burnett          x3330                <KJBSF at SLACVM>
To:   <INFO-C at BRL-SMOKE.ARPA>
Subject: re: bit-field pointers / arrays

<ballou at brahms.ARPA> writes:
>    Oh, please, here we go again with someone else who wants to redefine
>C because he wants to take advantage of very specific features of his
>machine/environment!  Big deal, so you can do this in a straightforward manner
>on your 68020.  I'm just thrilled to pieces for you!  And what happens when
>trying to implement C on a machine which doesn't have your spiffy handy-dandy

I must say that I have found all of your responses recently to be extremely
rude.  Can't you say anything CIVIL when you think that the other person is
obviously some lower form of life?  Your snide comments detract from whatever
arguments you might be making.
    I think you should think a bit more before posting such garbage to the net
again.  Just think about who's on the receiving end of your diatribes.

- Kevin Burnett
SLAC