A Deficiency of the C Preprocessor

Mike Stump aeusemrs at csun.UUCP
Tue Dec 23 10:54:47 AEST 1986

In article <1259 at kontron.UUCP> cramer at kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>I've got a complaint about the C preprocessor -- I doesn't support a
>repetition for initializing data structures.
[ edited for space ]
>Clayton E. Cramer

Clayton,  if you are running Unix System V, all of your problems
are solved;  there is another preprocessor called 'm4' that will
do what you want, and then some. (This might also be true of other systems.)

But if you are not running System V, then you will find that you
will probably have to continue to do what you have been doing, or
write a simple (or complex :-)) preprocessor to do what you want.

						Mike Stump