ANSI C -- reserved words

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Tue Dec 16 03:30:26 AEST 1986

In article <107 at decvax.UUCP> minow at decvax.UUCP (Martin Minow) writes:
>Page 13, line 10ff (and many other places). The values defined in
><limits.h> should be written with a leading underscore, so they do not
>occupy the name space reserved to user programs.

This is a good idea that has been discussed and rejected by the
committee already, primarily on the grounds of conflict with
existing practice (/usr/group and IEEE 1003.1), if I remember
correctly.  Therefore, your best bet to get this proposal
approved is to find an X3J11 member who is willing to present
it personally, so that you don't just get an "already considered
and rejected" response.  (I'm not volunteering, however!)
This applies to any issue that you feel very strongly about.