ANSI C -- longjmp and volatiles

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Tue Dec 16 04:02:18 AEST 1986

In article <111 at decvax.UUCP> minow at decvax.UUCP (Martin Minow) writes:
>I would suspect that, in some implementations, longjmp() cannot be called
>from interrupt or signal handlers.

You may be right.  I actually argued that there was
nothing whatsoever that could be guaranteed for signal
handlers, including executing anything whatsoever.  I
would like to hear from anyone who KNOWS for sure that
longjmp() canNOT be implemented on some reasonable machine
so that it can be safely invoked from a signal handler.