Integer division

Matthew P. Wiener weemba at brahms.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Feb 8 07:47:08 AEST 1986

In article <367 at mcgill-vision.UUCP> mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP (der Mouse) writes:
>     Don't you  think this issue  has been beaten to death already?
yes
>why can't we just have two sorts of divide?
How would you implement that?  If you make one form get / and the other
a function call, you haven't changed things very much!
>                                             Some will want one and some
>the other...
Is there someone out there who *wants* a/b to round towards 0 (for reasons
that say that is the desired result)?  I asked that before and have not seen
any affirmatives.

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720