Stack frames

Sinse Raver Dave dave at ur-helheim.UUCP
Thu Feb 13 03:59:25 AEST 1986

In c one can declare variables within any {} block.  Does a
{} pair *imply* new context, with stack frame shifts, etc.
I would have to assume so if local variables are declared
within the {} but if no variables are declared? ...

The reason for asking is for ease of expansion and
consistancy of formatting I often put {} blocks where
they are not necessary (clauses that are only one
statement).  Am I paying a penalty for these one-statement
clauses or will my trusted compiler note the context has
not changed and inhibit the subsequent costly stack manipulations?

Mail or to the net any helpful ganders.  (Not male geese.)

dave

--
"The Faster I Go the Behinder I Get"
--Lewis Carroll

Dave Carlson

{allegra,seismo,decvax}!rochester!ur-valhalla!dave