Integer division

Jeff Lee jeff at gatech.CSNET
Thu Feb 13 03:25:55 AEST 1986

>[Whether CS people should even be *allowed* to make such mathematical
>decisions is another question.

I am afraid that I must rank this statement right up there with the
statement that was made about a year ago that only computer scientists
should be the people allowed to program. Being a computer scientist
with an interest in math, I find in both statements some of the most
ignorant and arrogant attitudes that I have seen just about anywhere
(in a professional situation). I suppose that you also believe that
only professional mechanics should work on your car, that professional
drivers should drive it, that architects should be the only people
allowed to design your house, or that professional cooks should be the
only people allowed to cook your meals? I am afraid that I do all these
things and will continue to do so. If you really believe that statement
that you made, I would expect you to start giving your programming
work to professional programmers who are trained in this sort of thing...
--
Jeff Lee
CSNet:	Jeff @ GATech		ARPA:	Jeff%GATech.CSNet @ CSNet-Relay.ARPA