ANSI C Draft

COTTRELL, JAMES cottrell at NBS-VMS.ARPA
Thu Feb 27 11:44:02 AEST 1986

/*
I tried to mail this to mod.std.c, but I forgot their address, and
both permutations I tried didn't work, so here it is worldwide!

To The Authorities:

Here is a message I received about my posting on the ANSI C Draft.
Please give it due consideration:

Date: Fri 21 Feb 86 15:03:34-PST
From: Ken Harrenstien <KLH at SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Subject: ANSI C Draft
To: cottrell at NBS-VMS.ARPA
cc: KLH at SRI-NIC.ARPA

I noticed your message about the ANSI C standard draft.  I don't know
who you were replying to, as I don't follow INFO-C all of the time
(most of it is irrelevant).  However, I can say that the NIC would be
happy to make any such on-line documents available to the Internet
community at large, just as we do for RFCs.  We also have OCR hardware
for scanning paper documents to convert them into on-line form, and
could readily do this for the ANSI C standard drafts if they are not
too complex graphically.  All that is needed is agreement.

I share your feelings about the absurdity of asking for comments in an
electronic medium about a document that presumably is also created
electronically, and then refusing to provide it in any form other than
hard-copy.  A handling charge for paper is understandable (even the
NIC now does this) but the cost and the way they have set things up
makes them look pretty bad.

If you can give me the appropriate address or phone number of someone to
contact, we will try to arrange something.

--Ken
-------

	Yours Truly,

		jim		cottrell at nbs