Wanted: C Programming Standards (Reposting)

Hamish REID hamish at root44.UUCP
Tue Feb 18 21:24:27 AEST 1986

Does anyone have, or know of, a set of PUBLIC DOMAIN
C programming standards in machine readable form - i.e.
that I can get directly from the net, and that I can use
as a basis for a set of project standards?

The standards should cover such things as:
	. style, layout, format, #defines, etc
	. use of language constructs
	. use of comments
	. side effects
	. etc...
in fact, almost anything will do, as long as I can panel-beat them
into shape for my own purposes. (They MUST be public domain, or
the author(s) must be prepared to see them cut about and used in
a variety of possibly non-academic ways for internal company
project standards - all sources will be acknowledged in any
final documents where they are used).

I seem to remember that Tim Long from Sydney University once
produced something like this - were they Public Domain? Are
they still available?

Incidentally, I know there are several books (eg Thomas(?) Plum's
C book, whose name I can't recall) with standards in them - unfortunately,
I need a machine readable version.

Please mail me any responses direct rather than posting
as news; I'll summarise if there's any response or interest at all.

Hamish REID		UUCP:	mcvax!ukc!root44!rootcl!hamish
Root Computers Ltd, Saunderson House, Hayne Street, LONDON EC1 ENGLAND