Redirection

John Williams 223-3402 williams at kirk.DEC
Fri Feb 28 00:17:25 AEST 1986

For example, VMS has neither redirection nor pipelining. All this
means is that you have to open a file.

#include <stdio.h>

FILE *infile,*outfile;

infile = fopen("file.in","r");
outfile = fopen("file.out","w");
.
.
.
You can now use any stdio function by putting a f in front and
adding the file pointer as the first argument.
.
.
.
fclose(infile);
fclose(outfile);

	Sure, those *features* are missed a little bit, but I certainly
wouldn't call VMS half-assed. I simply takes a little more to get
around that *particular* problem. As a matter of fact, most VMS
tools don't bother with stdio at all, they use default filename
extentions.
						John Williams