A contest in 'C'...

Dave Hsu hsu at eneevax.UUCP
Wed Feb 12 23:41:33 AEST 1986

In article <4136 at npoiv.UUCP> bad at npoiv.UUCP writes:

>	This games sounds like a game called bolo which to my knowledge
>was first written by Peter Langston who also wrote empire.

I will assume that bolo was one of the Golden Oldie programs, but never
having seen it, I'll leave its age at that.

This sounds an awful lot like RobotWar, written by Muse Software for the
Apple ][ many many eons ago.  By coincidence, there was a Bolo program
for the apple also, but that was more of an arcade game than anything
else.  It did have one side effect though: it made me decide not to
read too much Keith Laumer :-)

-dave
--
David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
<disclaimer>	University of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742

"They were the elite, the vanguard of progress.  They would take mankind to
the heights...and perhaps beyond."
			-Arthur C. Clarke, Childhood's End