C shell to C converter...

Carl Lowenstein cdl at mplvax.ARPA
Sun Feb 2 12:39:19 AEST 1986

In article <11649 at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> rosen at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU (Rob Rosen) writes:

>   A few weeks ago I posted a query about a C shell to C converter which
>I had believed was in existence somewhere.

>From an ad in "attage" magazine, Jan-Feb 1985:

Shacc - the shell accelerator - is a compiler for the Bourne shell.
It translates Bourne shell programs into C and then invokes the C compiler ...

	Concentric Associates Inc
	One Harmon Plaza
	Secaucus NJ 07094	201-866-2880

All that I know about it is that somebody near here got a copy and it seemed
to work, and greatly speeded up the SysV administrative shell scripts.
Don't know if it is still alive, or anything else.  Thought everybody knew,
or I would have answered sooner.

--
	carl lowenstein		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|akgua|dcdwest|ucbvax}	!sdcsvax!mplvax!cdl