Command line arguments, redirection, etc.

Barry Margolin barmar at mit-eddie.UUCP
Fri Feb 21 18:42:31 AEST 1986

In article <36 at se-sd.UUCP> cbk at se-sd.UUCP (Carl Kuck) writes:
>[ Personal opinion, FLAME ON ]
>
>Any implementation of C that doesn't provide redirection and command-line
>argument passing is half-assed at best.
>
>[ FLAME OFF]

This whole discussion is pretty silly, but...

The above comment implies that a computer that doesn't have command
lines and files "is half-assed at best".  Most of the computers one uses
do not have these features.  For example, the computer in my VCR, my
terminal, my microwave, my thermostat, etc.  I would be willing to bet
that none of these is currently programmed in C, but it would be
possible for C to be used.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar at MIT-Multics