Pascal Origins

rbj%icst-cmr at smoke.UUCP rbj%icst-cmr at smoke.UUCP
Thu Jul 17 00:38:38 AEST 1986

	Shouldn't this be in net.lang.pascal ?

This is in response to a comparison with C.

	>Unfortunately it teaches them bad habits as well. I was freaked royally
	>when my brother told me years ago that there were no provisions for
	>separate compilation. Everything in one source file, and they make
	>people write large scale projects in it? Pure insanity.

	>No `otherwise' or `default' clause on switches makes them almost useless.
	The version of pascal I used in college six years ago allowed both
	seperate compilation of source file, and an 'others' clause on switches
	(called case in Pascal I thought).
	--

That wasn't Pascal. It was someone's *enhancement* of Pascal. I know I'm
splitting hairs, but it still sucks.

	Larry Cipriani		AT&T Network Systems	 danews!lvc
	"Nothing is worse than an itch you can never scratch."

Ah yes. And Marilyn Monroe is dead.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell		<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
On the other hand, life can be an endless parade of TRANSSEXUAL QUILTING BEES
aboard a cruise ship to DISNEYWORLD if only we let it!!