Finding things in the standard

John Gilmore gnu at hoptoad.uucp
Fri Jul 25 03:32:33 AEST 1986

In article <2448 at umcp-cs.UUCP>, chris at umcp-cs.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> I recall, but cannot find, a statement to the effect that an
> unterminated line in an included file is essentially a syntax
> error.

Clearly Chris lacks a portable "grep" that will search through
paper copies of ancient versions of draft standards.  Can anyone confirm
this?

Anybody got a document scanner and a recent (paper) draft?  Post it!
--
John Gilmore  {sun,ptsfa,lll-crg,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu   jgilmore at lll-crg.arpa
		     May the Source be with you!