C compiler for IBM System 36

Peter T|rnqvist cd-peter at gustaf.UUCP
Fri Jul 25 10:31:29 AEST 1986

In article <717 at neon.kcl-cs.UUCP> davef at kcl-cs.UUCP (Dave Furber) writes:

>I have a C program which I would like to make available for
>IBM System 36 users, but naturally I need a compiler first!

There is a C compiler available for the S/36.
It is based on the Whitesmiths' C compiler release 3.0
(the one closely conforming to the ANSI standard).
The S/36 version was developed by us at UNISOFT AB of Sweden.

>I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction(s).
>Ideally, I'd like to know:
>	(a) Name and address of the supplier

Sales information:
	Whitesmiths, Ltd.
	97 Lowell Road
	Concord, MA
	USA 01742
	+1 617 369 8499

Technical information:
	UNISOFT AB
	Fiskhamnsgatan 10
	S-414 55 Gothenburg
	SWEDEN
	+46 31 125810

>	(b) Some indication of the quality of the product.

The compiler includes both a full ANSI library (stdio etc.)
and a Whitesmiths' style library.

The size of the generated code is approximately
twize of the PDP-11.

>	(c) The cost.

USD $10000.

Please send replies to peter at swesoft.UUCP.

Peter T|rnqvist