varargs fails on typedefs

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr
Wed Jul 30 00:49:55 AEST 1986

	This makes the typedef completely useless.

Only for varargs use. You can always have *two* typedefs, one for
definitions, and one for argument declarations. I know, yuk!

	To fix this problem, I propose a promote() operator, as follows:

Clearly, as you say, there is no way to emulate this. On the other hand,
this is done so rarely as to be tolerated the way it is. Do you really
want to muck up the language with rarely used constructs?

As a side issue, routines requiring varargs are frowned on anyway.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell		<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
On the road, ZIPPY is a pinhead without a purpose, but never without a POINT.