Survey of C Compilers for micros

Robert C Sanders sandersr at ecn-pc.UUCP
Sat Jul 19 05:30:58 AEST 1986

[nibbles and bits...]

I am very partial to the Computer Innovations C86 compiler, but I also
like the Microsoft C compiler.  The MS compiler is slower, and not as
UNIX-like.  Both libraries are interchanable -- at least in format.  In
other words, libraries in MS OBJ format are accepted and used by both
compilers -- intended for the PC/MS DOS linker.  Aztec C and Latice C are
less friendly, and require work to port programs to/from them;  CII's C
and MS C easily port programs with UNIX (not requiring the system library),
and are close (if not) to the new ANSI standard C going through.  Third-
party libraries are also compatible with CII C86 and MS C.

					- bob
--
Continuing Engineering Education Telecommunications
Purdue University 		...!ihnp4!pur-ee!pc-ecn!sandersr

Let's make like a BSD process, and go FORK-OFF !!	-- bob
(and "make" a few children while we're at it ...)