Pascals Origins

Dick Dunn rcd at nbires.UUCP
Wed Jul 9 15:09:49 AEST 1986

OK, are we quite done with stupid, irrelevant insults toward Pascal and
Wirth...or does anyone else need to prove that he's such a C weenie that he
can see neither faults in C nor merits in Pascal?  If you're even a halfway
decent programmer, you can do good work in either C or Pascal without
getting hung up on the little issues that folks are flaming about in this
series of postings...

...and if you're at all interested in programming languages, you ought to
know (or be able to find) reasonably accurate information about the
evolution of Pascal, Modula, and Modula 2...

Now, do we have to keep on criticizing Wirth (a language designer) for
continuing to design languages?  Or does somebody have something substan-
tive to say about C, which WAS the subject of this newsgroup?
--
Dick Dunn	{hao,ucbvax,allegra}!nbires!rcd		(303)444-5710 x3086
   ...At last it's the real thing...or close enough to pretend.