WITH statement in C

gemini at homxb.UUCP gemini at homxb.UUCP
Sun Jul 13 01:31:37 AEST 1986

>      I dislike Pascal as much as the next C hacker, but one feature that could
> be useful to add to C is something akin to the Pascal "WITH" statement.
>
> Daryl Clevenger

	I like this feature too, if for no other reason than: it reduces the
	possibilities of having to look at someones code which is wider than
	80 columns on a display with only 80 columns.  (There are still a lot
	of 132 column junkies out there who like to carry around those massive
	tomes of output.)

	The only serious Pascal program I ever wrote was 3-Demon, which many
	of you may have seen on RBBS's (well serious in size, not in function!).

	I recall only two joys in using the language: the opportunity to
	use a WITH statement, and the Microsoft-ism of allowing '[' and ']'
	as synonyms for BEGIN and END.

Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc. (201) 922-1134, (201) 834-1378 @ AT&T-CP
..!ihnp4!castor!{rer,pcrat!rer} <--Replies to here, not to homxb!gemini, please.