anyone know of any good C compilers?

Paul Higginbottom higgin at cbmvax.cbm.UUCP
Thu Jul 10 06:05:00 AEST 1986

In article <951 at jade.BERKELEY.EDU> mwm at eris.UUCP () writes:
>>>Oh, well... I guess someone will make a good 'C' compiler someday...
>
>DEC has one for VMS. Convex has one for their box (though it may not
>be released yet). Anybody know of any others?
>
>	<mike

I've (regrettably) had to look at a lot of the assembler output of the Manx
C compiler for the Amiga, and I must say that it generates very good code,
and especially since it (apparently) doesn't have an optimizer in it.

	Paul.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Commodore and opinions expressed are my own.