PRECEDENT FOR USE OF =

andrew at alice.UUCP andrew at alice.UUCP
Sun Jul 13 00:38:47 AEST 1986

I don't understand. If you personally have a problem handling the token '=',
don't lay it on everyone else. Getting lint to complain about it is fine by me;
I don't use lint. However, the poor sods who do might (should) object.
There is nothing wrong with this sort of code:
	char *s, *getword();

	while(s = getword()){
The more noise lint puts out, the less use it is.
It seems to me you can solve YOUR problems by a preprocessor sed script.
Modifying the C language to avoid this sed step to solve learning
disabilities for a small set of users seems incorrect.