C Compiler bug (and fix for a different one)

Carl Zeigler jcz at sas.UUCP
Tue Jul 29 22:52:06 AEST 1986

  In article <5858 at alice.uUCp>, ark at alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
  > > So, does anyone have a fix for this bug?
  > > I'll trade for a fix for a problem with void functions and the ?: operator
  > >
  > > void f3(which)
  > > {
  > >     extern void f1(),f2();
  > >     which?f1():f2();
  > > }
  > > cc(1) gives an "incompatible types" error.
  >
  > As it should.  The only thing you're allowed to do with void values
  > is throw them away.

Scan again, Andrew, the (void) values are being thrown away.

--
John Carl Zeigler         "Just once I'd like to meet an alien menace
SAS Institute Inc.            that wasn't impervious to bullets !"