RTFM vs RTFSC (Read The Friggin' Source Code)

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Mon Jul 28 03:12:33 AEST 1986

In article <5530 at sun.uucp> guy at sun.UUCP writes:
[Regarding the 4.3 *and* Sys5 getopt(3) man pages being wrong]
> Read the code, not the manual page!

	That this should have to be the case is perhaps the strongest
reason why I wouldn't consider buying a system without source (when we
recently had to decide between Sun and Sequent, Sequent lost largely
because they wouldn't release source for a reasonable price).  This is also
on of the strongest reasons why I don't think Unix is really going to make
it as a commercial system (the current rash of commercial ports of Unix
notwithstanding).
--
Roy Smith, {allegra,philabs}!phri!roy
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016