Compiler Specific Operators

peters at cubsvax.UUCP peters at cubsvax.UUCP
Wed Jul 16 01:22:05 AEST 1986

In article <umcp-cs.2424> chris at maryland.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>Apparently the committee (or a large faction thereof) is quite
>concerned about ensuring that there is some easy way to ensure a
>`real function call'.

Yes, apparently so, but WHY?  What the hell difference does it make, from
the user's point of view?  That is, why should he ever be anything other
than happy, if some alternative invoked by the compiler produces faster-
running code?

Peter S. Shenkin	 Columbia Univ. Biology Dept., NY, NY  10027
{philabs,rna}!cubsvax!peters		cubsvax!peters at columbia.ARPA