VAX C problem (?)

Mike Hickey MHICKEY%UDCVM.BITNET at WISCVM.ARPA
Thu Jul 3 04:48:06 AEST 1986

    We recently got VAX-C ver 2.2 and I've been busy porting programs
from UNIX/DOS.  When I was working with the CURSES package, I found that
getch() wasn't breaking on a character.  Instead, it would block until
a RETURN was hit.  I then tried the getchar() function in the standard
library and, lo and behold, it reacted the same way.

    On every other system I've worked with, these functions "woke up" on
any character input whereas these act more like incremental gets().  Have
I missed something somewhere?  I borrowed the ttxxxx() functions from
Micro Emacs which perform character-breaking I/O but they won't work with
CURSES.

                        Thanks in advance,

                              Mike Hickey
                              Systems programmer