More BDS help wanted

jsweet at ICS.UCI.EDU jsweet at ICS.UCI.EDU
Fri Jul 11 18:55:52 AEST 1986

Without the documentation, you are going to be in deep trouble,
because not only is BDS C a subset implementation, but most
of the support facilities are Slightly Different.
But, to answer your question...

The BDS C v 1.50a manual describes fopen() as:

	int fopen(filename, iobuf)
	  char *filename;
	  struct _buf *iobuf;

If you want to fake type FILE in BDS C, I suggest:
	#define FILE struct _buf
(BDS C does not implement typedef).

You should probably try to order the manual if you're going to do any
serious programming.  Some addresses you can try:

	Leor Zolman
	BD Software
	P.O Box 9
	Brighton, Massachuusetts  02135
	(617) 782-0836

	Osborne/McGraw-Hill
	2600 Tenth Street
	Berkeley, California  94710
	(Publishers of "The Programmer's CP/M Handbook")

	Johnson-Laird, Inc.
	6441 SW CAnyon Court
	Portland, Oregon  97221
	(503) 292-6330
	(Author of the "The Programmer's CP/M Handbook")

I mention the Handbook because it contains lots of examples of
programming in BDS C.

Good luck.

-jns