Swap Macro (a long time ago at least)

LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at WISCVM.ARPA LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at WISCVM.ARPA
Fri Jul 11 07:58:20 AEST 1986

In article <2498 at mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> ambar at mit-eddie.ARPA (Jean Marie Diaz)
writes:
>In article <1321 at psivax.UUCP> friesen at psivax.UUCP (Stanley Friesen) writes:
>>In article <1946 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at BRL.ARPA (VLD/VMB) writes:
>>>
>>>  I haven't seen call-by-name included in any language since Algol.
>>
>>    What about LISP? Or is LISP older than Algol?
>
>LISP and Pascal are both descendants of Algol 60.
>--

This is a very curious assertion to make considering that LISP was also
described in 1960. I would be interested in hearing why you think LISP is
an ALGOL derivative. (we may be straying a bit from the topic of this newslist)

David Linn
ARPANET(?):     LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU
BITNET:         LINNDR at VUENGVAX.BITNET
CSNET:          drl at vanderbilt.csnet
Ma Bell:        (615)322-7924
USPS:           P.O. 3241-B Vanderbilt
                Nashville, TN   37235
UUCP:           ...psuvax1!vuengvax.bitnet!linndr