C compilers for 8 bit machines

Dave Lewis dml at loral.UUCP
Thu Sep 11 05:10:35 AEST 1986

------------------------------

  I have Microware's C-09 for the Radio Shack Color Computer (6809) which
runs under OS-9. Due to memory constraints, the two-pass compiler resides
in two separate disk files. It also has an optimizer which the docs say
reduces code size by ~11%. It produces small and relatively fast code, has
a very few departures from K&R which are all documented in the docs intro
section, and supports a lot of high- and low-level system and I/O functions.

		Dave Lewis    Loral Instrumentation   San Diego

  hp-sdd --\     ihnp4 --\
  sdcrdcf --\      bang --\   kontron -\
  csndvax ---\   calmasd -->-->!crash --\
  celerity --->------->!sdcsvax!sdcc3 --->--->!loral!dml  (uucp)
  dcdwest ---/                 gould9 --/

 A portable program is one that has the same bugs on many different computers.