C preprocessor wanted

hoffman at hdsvx1.UUCP hoffman at hdsvx1.UUCP
Mon Sep 22 06:47:01 AEST 1986

We have gotten quite addicted to using the C-preprocessor ("CPP") for
pre-processing of non-C files.  It's a great way to turn a clumsy
language into something readable.  But our C compiler may soon be
replaced by a compiler in which the preprocessor phase cannot be
called separately.  So we will probably wind up writing our own
version of it.  But I hope that someone in net land can save me this
trouble.

I would be very happy to receive any C source programs which either
entirely or partially implement the #define and #include statements.
(#ifdef and others are nice, but we don't need them.)  But it has to
be in C -- this is a VMS, not a UNIX implementation, so don't assume
the existence of any UNIX-special functions.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Richard Hoffman                | "Oh life is a wonderful cycle of song,
 Schlumberger Well Services     |     A medley of extemporanea.