Comments on proposed C standard

hamilton at uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU hamilton at uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU
Tue Sep 9 15:16:00 AEST 1986

>>      We  suggest  that  "printf"  and  friends  obtain a new
>> specifier "%v", which accepts two arguments:  a  new  format
>> string  and a "va_list" of items to format.  This is similar
>> to the existing "%r" construct on UNIX systems.
>
>*Some* UNIX systems.  It's not in 4.2BSD or System V, and it wasn't
>documented in V7 (I don't remember whether it was there or not).

    i remember having to scavenge the old v6 printf.s when our
switch to v7 broke all my %r's...

	wayne hamilton
	U of Il and US Army Corps of Engineers CERL
UUCP:	{ihnp4,pur-ee,convex}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!hamilton
ARPA:	hamilton%uiucuxc at a.cs.uiuc.edu	USMail:	Box 476, Urbana, IL 61801
CSNET:	hamilton%uiucuxc at uiuc.csnet	Phone:	(217)333-8703
CIS:    [73047,544]			PLink: w hamilton