C-STYLE (goto?)

cjl at iuvax.UUCP cjl at iuvax.UUCP
Wed Sep 3 06:48:00 AEST 1986

> /* ---------- "C-STYLE (goto?)" ---------- */
>
> Now, I know a lot of people detest this because of the use of goto's, but this
> seems the nicest way to perform this function.  I really have nothing against
> goto's if they are directed to the same spot (i.e., don't jump back and forth)
> and enhance the readability of the code.
>
> Any comments?  I am willing to adapt to another reasonable style for such
> cases (if anyone really cared).

The principle of exception handling in software engineering is
well accepted and practiced today, especially through the direct support of
Ada language. You shall find more and more people start to feel
comfortable with this disciplined use of goto.

C.J.Lo
Dept. of CIS, IUPUI
UUCP : ...!iuvax!cjl
ARPA : cjl at Indiana@CSNet-Relay