COFF documentation

guy at sun.UUCP guy at sun.UUCP
Sat Sep 20 14:54:43 AEST 1986

> COFF (Common Object File Format) was documented in Chapter 9 of the
> Transition Aids manual that was published at the time of introduction
> of System V.  Is it described in the current System V documentation?
> Where?
>
> So far, eight people at AT&T Customer Service, Bell Laboratories, and
> 800/828-UNIX have not been able to help me find it.

Well, if eight people working for various arms of AT&T can't find it, it
seems like it's time for a shakeup.  I found it with no trouble; at least
for S5R2 on the VAX and the iAPX286, it's in the "UNIX(TM) System V -
Release 2.0 Support Tools Guide", April 1984, 307-108, Issue 2, under the
heading of (surprise!) "The Common Object File Format".  Maybe they've
misplaced it since then.  If so, it's *definitely* time for a shakeup....
--
	Guy Harris
	guy at sun.com (or guy at sun.arpa)