FOO to C translator

bertanij at orstcs.UUCP bertanij at orstcs.UUCP
Sat Feb 14 05:17:00 AEST 1987

In article <****> everybody at everywhere (Eve Rybody) writes:
>>HELP!  Does anyone know of a software product that will convert FOO
>>language code into "C"?  A friend of mine had told me that he knew of a
>>product that would do this, but he did not know the name of the product,
>>the company or anything else.  If anyone out here knows anything about it,
>>PLEASE send mail to me at....

>(2) Translators which, given a valid FOO program, produce a valid and
>maintainable C program which contains the original programmers comments.
>The output is properly indented, and instead of emulating FOO control
>statements with if's and goto's, the translator chooses the appropriate
>do, while, for, or switch statement. Variables names are preserved as much
>as possible. Parts of the code may be restructured to take advantage of
>the strengths of C.

>I have seen a program do a half decent type (2) from Pascal to C, but they are
>pretty close to start with.

>If you want a type (2) translator, don't be surprised if you don't get one.

Don't flame me either because I just want to get it straight also.  TGL sells
a Pascal to C translator in 7 flavors (dialects).  The translation rate is
between 96 and 99 per cent.  I think that is pretty decent.  Contact Ted Lewis
at (503) 745-7476 for more info.