Question on implementing "repeat...until keypress"?

Michael A. Walker maw at auc.UUCP
Mon Feb 2 04:22:53 AEST 1987

I have some experience in using Apple Pascal(using the UCSD Pascal) and I have
used a loop that will continue until either a defined key or any key is pressed
on the keyboard.

Now, I am writing a program that I would like to simulate this feature in C. I
would like to use it something like this:

                 do {
                  .
                  .
                  .  }
                 until keypress();

I haven't been programming in C that long but I am rather familiar with the
language.  I am programming on an AT&T 3B5 computer running SYSTEM V UNIX.  I
was thinking that I might have to use something in termcap, terminfo, stty,
or even curses or raw I/O to do this, but I am just getting into that level
of C programming.

If there is anyone out there who can give me some information as to how
I can implement this function, PLEASE do so as soon as possible.

Thanks in advanced.

----- mike

<      Michael A. Walker      | Operator |      AUC Computational Center      >
<   gatech!gt-cmmsr!auc!maw   | <<<<>>>> |  "There is strength is diversity." >