Copying Structures

news at cit-vax.UUCP news at cit-vax.UUCP
Fri Feb 27 19:37:45 AEST 1987

From: jon at oddhack.Caltech.Edu (Jon Leech)

In article <371 at itsgw.UUCP> alyce at itsgw.UUCP (Alyce Faulstich) writes:
>Structure assignment is relatively new (Sys V or maybe even SVR2
>on AT&T UNIX -- don't know about Berkeley), so don't count on it
>being at all portable!

	Try again. Structure assignment was first introduced (along
with enums) in ``Recent Changes to C'', dated November 15, 1978 in
my 7th edition, volume 2A manual. Some of the micro compilers probably
didn't have it at first, along with other ``unimportant'' features (like
floating point). If yours doesn't have it now, get a better compiler.

    -- Jon Leech (jon at csvax.caltech.edu || ...seismo!cit-vax!jon)
    Caltech Computer Science Graphics Group
    __@/