Bug list for Microsoft C

Mike Stump aeusemrs at csuna.UUCP
Tue Jul 19 09:35:44 AEST 1988

In article <4516 at pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> iverson at cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Tim Iverson) writes:
}I seem to recall that a bug list for the various versions of MSC (4.0 - 5.1)
}flew by on the net.  Does anyone recall if there was such a beast and
}where it might be obtained (hopefully via ftp).

}If you know of a bug, could you tell us?  Please?

}Since I read this group, please POST, don't email, your answers.  :-)

Tim, I would normally email this directly to you, but mail mail program will
not let me; (It must have seen the above line) can you believe it?  Well,
for all of those people out there that think they have a 'C' compiler
(according to Doug) running on thier 80*8[86]:

int i=1, j=33;

main() {
    printf("%x\n", 1<<33);
    printf("%x\n", 1>>33);
    printf("%x\n", i<<j);
    printf("%x\n", i>>j);
}

What results do you get? (This might even be interesting on non 86 machines;
oh boy, I just checked a non 86, and it failed too.)

p.s. - Doug, (or Chris) (1<<0) == 1 && (n>0 ? ((1<<n) == ((1<<(n-1))<<1)) : 1)
       right?
--
Mike Stump, Cal State Univ, Northridge Comp Sci Department
uucp: {sdcrdcf, hplabs, ttidca, psivax, csustan}!csun!csuna!aeusemrs