Need C language Description

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Sun Jul 31 15:16:19 AEST 1988

In article <1112 at garth.UUCP> smryan at garth.UUCP (Steven Ryan) writes:
>In article <8270 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>>The fellow can probably get what he's looking for, and more, by
>>talking with the people at Metaware, Tom Penello for example.
>A compiler is not a definition. A compiler is an implementation of a
>definition.

Thanks for explaining something totally irrelevant.
"Gee, I didn't know that."

Metaware does have a formal semantic specification of C.
Penello tried to get X3J11 to use such a method instead of the
combined formal grammar and English that was actually adopted.

I mentioned Metaware's compiler ads to help the fellow get in touch with them
since I didn't have their address or phone number at hand.