Should I convert FORTRAN code to C?

ddb at ns.UUCP ddb at ns.UUCP
Fri Jul 1 02:40:17 AEST 1988

In article <8184 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> However, operator overloading is vastly overrated;
> most operations on extended data types do not map (unambiguously) onto
> the conventional arithmetic operations.  Complex numbers are about the
> only case that does.
  Comparison and assignment.  Operators aren't all arithmetic.
  C already supports assignment of structures, but I miss comparison
regularly.  (Note -- I'm not changing the subject to suggest yet again
that equality comparison of structures be implemented, I'm talking
about the uses of operator overloading; just in case the other is
still a touchy subject here :-).

--
                  -- David Dyer-Bennet
		     Fidonet 1:282/341.0