lint on Altos 2000 is BROKE BROKE BROKE!

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.UUCP
Wed Jul 13 03:22:57 AEST 1988

According to jr at oglvee.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg):
>In article <601 at nmtsun.nmt.edu> dieter at nmtsun.nmt.edu (The Demented Teddy Bear) writes:
>>In article <259 at oglvee.UUCP> jr at .UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:
>>>
>>>I still don't capiche why lint is squawking about arg 1 to fprintf!
>>
>>Try looking at /usr/lib/lint/llibc...
>
>That was one of the first things I checked...

I had this problem under SCO Xenix, until I re-generated the lint object
files.  What?  You say you didn't know that lint can generate object files?
Well, it can.  Look for "/usr/lib/llib*.ln".  These are pre-digested
versions of the human-readable lint library files.  They were, it seems,
created back before some change was made to <stdio.h> and nobody at SCO
bothered to regenerate them.

To make new ones, at least under SCO Xenix, try something like this:

	$ su
	# cd /usr/lib
	# ln llibc llibc.c
	# lint -oc llibc.c
	# lint -LARGE -oc llibc.c       # only for Xenix/286
	# rm llibc.c
	# exit
	$

This should generate new versions of /usr/lib/llibc.ln, and for Xenix/286,
/usr/lib/Lllibc.ln.  Then try linting again.
--
Chip Salzenberg                <chip at ateng.uu.net> or <uunet!ateng!chip>
A T Engineering                My employer may or may not agree with me.