Turbo C

Brian R. Bainter brb at akgua.ATT.COM
Fri Jul 22 01:44:57 AEST 1988

>From article <16577 at brl-adm.ARPA>, by C08922DB%WUVMD.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu:
>
> I am interested in understanding the structure of the function type
> "interrupt" in Turbo C. Basically, what is special about this function
> definition, and what approaches can be used in other compilers to simulate
> this feature? Optimum-C is what I'm using.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thank you.
> Don Branson
> C08922DB at WUVMD.BITNET

I am not entirely sure, because I haven't worked with it before, but according
to my reading I believe that the biggest speciality of this type of function
is that it does a return from interrupt instead of just a normal return from
subroutine. I think that it may also save off all of the registers before
entering the routine, and then restores them just before the return.

If after I get home and find out that this is not correct by consulting
the manual, I will post another article to clarify if someone has not already
done so.

--
	Brian R. Bainter

 AT&T Technologies Atlanta Works
 {cbosgd, gatech, ihnp4, moss, mtune, ulysses}akgua!brb