cpp - the C language preprocessor

6362 Two Gateway Center Newark sdf at abcom.ATT.COM
Wed Jul 27 21:51:33 AEST 1988

In article <173 at trevan.UUCP>, trevor at trevan.UUCP writes:

> 	Please can someone tell me how I can use the -D option to define
> a name with a space in it ie
>
> #define fred xxxx yyyy
>
> 	I have tried alot of combinations like -Dfred='xxxx yyyy' but
> nothing seems to work. This is using Microport System V/286.

I tried the above on an Amdahl running UTS and it worked fine. In your case,
try escaping the space with a backslash, as in:

			-Dfred='xxxx\ yyyy'

The backslash will (or should) treat the space as a literal part of the
string.

Stephen Fried
AT&T
Newark, NJ
--
... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer, my
terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental. The question of