Unnecessary parenthesis

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Sun Jul 10 04:34:03 AEST 1988

In article <2550075 at hpisod2.HP.COM>, decot at hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) writes:
> I see no reason to add further confusion by making flow control look like
> a function call.  I use "return e;" because it's less cluttered and more
> distinct.

I agree.  I also try to make the flow-control statements that REQUIRE
parenthesis (if, while, & for) look different, too.  I always write
functions with the parentheses immediately following the name, i.e.
function(), and control statements with whitespace between the statment
and the parentheses, i.e. if (something) and while (braindead).
--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for